You are receiving this message as an advance notice because we are going to do a maintenance on our Transport network.
Location = Nikhef, Amsterdam and SDC1, Dronten
Service Type = L2 transport
Start: 2017-07-20 22:00:00 CEST
End: 2017-07-20 23:00:00 CEST
Reason: At this year we faced with a lot of maintenances at fiber network in the Netherlands, During those maintenances our L2 transport service was affected and our clients had outages. Also, the total amount of traffic in our Transport network always increasing same as expectations of our clients to this service.
To avoid the outages in the future related with planned or emergency maintenances of out fiber suppliers and to increase the amount of ports and total capacity we have built the totally new Transport network. This network is based on the newest Huawei CloudEngine hardware and fully redundant fiber channels. It’s done like fully redundant and fully independent of main Serverius IP transit network.
New Transport network has available hardware at those locations:
– Nikhef, Amsterdam, NL
– GlobalSwitch, Amsterdam, NL
– SDC1, Dronten, NL
– SDC2, Meppel, NL
– TCN, Groningen, NL
– Interxion, Frankfurt, DE (coming soon)
Based on this new Transport network we can offer our clients different kind of services, such as:
– fully redundant L2 tunnels between any POPs on our network
– free of charge connection to our own Internet Exchange point and connections to our route servers for free exchange of IP traffic between all members of our exchange point.
– Low-latency IP transit service with BGP FlowSpec extensions.
– Protected IP transit service with AntiDDoS and Web Application Firewall protection.
– Connection to the AMS-IX exchange point
New Transport network is fully done and tested and ready for production usage.
Expected Outage: At this step of implementation, we should migrate all existing L2 vlans connections between Nikhef, Amsterdam and SDC1, Dronten to the new Transport network. Expected outage is up to 1 minute for reconnections.